OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
MAPLETON COMMUNICATIONS, LLC
Radio Chico (KALF/KFMF/KQPT/KZAP)
Please read the following carefully:
1. No purchase is necessary in order to participate in any Radio Chico promotion/ contest.
2. Officers, employees, and employee-volunteers of Radio Chico and its parent company, Mapleton Communications, LLC (Mapleton), as well as their immediate families, are not eligible to participate in any contest.
3. All winners must be at least 18 years of age, except when the specific contest caters to younger audience or when a specific contest requires participants to be of legal age 21 years or older.
4. Participants may win only once during any 90 day period. Winners are not eligible to participate and win a prize until after 90 days from the date of their last win.
5. The decision of Radio Chico and Mapleton in verifying and confirming winners will be final. Radio Chico and Mapleton reserve the right to discontinue on-going promotions and contests as deemed necessary.
6. Prizes are non-transferable. Radio Chico and Mapleton reserve the right to substitute prizes if the prizes promised become unavailable during the duration of the promotion. The alternate prize may be of equal or greater value than original prize. Non-cash prizes are not convertible to cash. Prizes that are time and date sensitive such as concert tickets and trips can not be substituted if the winner is unable to use such prizes.
7. Taxes may be due for certain prizes awarded by Radio Chico. Winners will be responsible to pay any taxes due. Radio Chico will file IRS Form 1099-MISC reporting the winner of any prize valued at $600.00 or more, or the winner of prizes valued at a total of $600.00 or more during a calendar year. Thus, Radio Chico may ask winners for their social security numbers or to complete IRS Form W-9, Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification.
8. Winners must provide photo identification when claiming prizes.
9. All phone calls to our contest line are customarily recorded and may be broadcast on the air. In addition, certain winners may also be required to sign a release to authorize Radio Chico and Mapleton’s radio network to use their name in future promotions and contests or to put their voices and comments on the air as a form of testimonial for promotional purposes only, without additional payment or consideration.
10. Prizes that are unclaimed within three months after the announcement shall be forfeited. Checks awarded as cash prizes shall be voided and forfeited if not cashed within six months from the date of the check. Cash prizes can only be awarded if the necessary photo identification is presented.
11. Due to the broadcast stations of Mapleton nationwide and world wide on the web, a contest may be voided in locations where prohibited.
12. Should there be any question regarding the rules or conduct of any contest, please contact Operations Manager Scott Michaels at 530-899-3600 or firstname.lastname@example.org
13. Radio Chico and Mapleton are not responsible for any problems with phone service.
14. All prizes won are used at the winner’s own risk and responsibility.
15. Each winner shall hold Radio Chico, Mapleton and their officers, employees and agents free from any liability or responsibility for winner’s use of the prizes.
16. The winner will be responsible for the time spent, transportation, taxes, tips and other costs in connection with the receipt or use of the prize won, without any liability or responsibility by Radio Chico, Mapleton, and their officers, directors, members, employees and agents.